Join us as Dr Mariel Schofield discusses Training THROUGH Lower Back Pain on THURSDAY, October 13th at 1pm CST!
Dr. Mariel Schofield is a physical therapist, strength coach, and co-founder of Monarch Athletic Club in West Hollywood, CA. She obtained a B.S. in exercise physiology, played division-one volleyball, and obtained her Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree at the University of Miami. Prior to Monarch she honed her clinical skills in outpatient sports and orthopedic settings in Maryland, Miami, and Los Angeles. She is passionate about improving self-efficacy and health-related outcomes through the combination of education, exercise, and behavior change to improve an individual’s health, performance, and pain experience. When she isn't working she is lifting, eating, and playing volleyball and paddle tennis.
- Discuss the common existing beliefs surrounding low back pain
- Discuss the definition, prevalence, and natural history of low back pain.
- Identify possible risk factors of low back pain
- Identify base rates of lumbar imaging findings
- Discuss when to refer out for imaging or consultation
- Discuss the models of low back pain management
- Discuss evidence based recommendations for low back pain management
- The role of exercise and low back pain
- The efficacy of advanced medical interventions
- Discuss Key Principles of training with pain